- Couriering around printed documents
- Faxing documents to each other
- Emailing documents as attachments
- Emailing links to documents on sharepoint
- Emailing links to enterprise wiki articles
- Collaborating in the article and notified of changes via email
- Collaborating in the article and seeing RSS updates in the enterprise portal
Also somewhere in there is the crazy scenario where I get email a PDF that was clearly created by someone who scanned a printed copy of a PowerPoint presentation. I guess that worse, yet, would be a PDF created by scanning a printed copy of a wiki article.